All About the “Talking Parents” Communication Website and How it Compares to Florida’s Family Wizard Site
Even in the best of circumstances surrounding the break-up of a family with minor children, meaningful and polite communication is often difficult to achieve.This is made even more difficult when one of the main reasons the marriage broke down was poor and sometimes volatile communication. While a judge can order reasonable communication it seems there are many instances when reasonable communicating between two parents is just about impossible. There is just too much emotion and often anger involved. So, in many states, “technical” means for the two parties to communicate have been developed.
In at least 35 states, for example, there is the Family Wizard Site. According to the Family Wizard Website, the definition of their services is “a website designed to facilitate communications between separated or divorced parents in relation to their children. It promotes cooperative parenting”. And, in many cases, judges order a couple to limit their communication regarding their minor children to utilizing the Family Wizard Site. As all communication is put in writing, the court then has the ability to read what is written and there is much less likelihood of nasty words and accusations. Such needed information as time schedules, school concerns, medical and dental records and appointments, cost sharing, and any day to day events which both parents can be made aware of, and put on the Wizard and sent to the other parent. All information is stored so what is “said” is in a permanent record which cannot be disputed and can be printed should it become necessary to use it later in a legal situation such as a contempt hearing. While there is a cost involved, it is minimal and well worth it as it can eliminate most of the aggravation involved in communicating between two parents, when at least one of whom is adversarial.
Another, perhaps even better, way to communicate between parents is The Talking Parents Communication Website. This website has been designed exclusively for the purpose of allowing parents to communicate with each other regarding their minor children with all communication being recorded and kept in the Talking Parents Communication Website itself, eliminating either parent being able to make changes to what was said. Nothing can be added to or taken away from any conversation once it is finalized. More and more frequently courts are ordering parents to use this website and when, or if, all communication regarding their children is not done in this manner the party or parties can be held in contempt with severe consequences. If there is an emergency, such as a medical crisis, a parent can act as needed and will not be faulted as long as all details are posted on the website as soon as possible.
Essentially this website is free, although there is a charge for an upgrade to a premium account. There is also a charge to have conversations printed, securely bound, and personally certified if needed for proof of who said what. It is quite easy to access and use this website.
1. Have access to use of a phone, tablet, or full-size computer.
2. Complete a simple sign up form requiring non sensitive information. Email address of each party is not shared with the other.
3. When both parents have signed in they each will be notified by email.
4. Communication can then begin by signing in and starting to communicate.
5. New conversations can be started at any time by clicking on the New Conversation button.
6. Upon signing in the party is sent to the My Conversation section where he or she can start a new conversation or reply to a message already there.
7. Whenever there is a new message to reply to, an email will be sent notifying the receiving parent. Also, when signing in a parent will be notified by a red icon at the top of the page that there is a new message. The icon will stay until the message has been read.
8. Changes in emails addresses, passwords, contact information and time zone can be made at any time by visiting the My Account section. These changes are never shared with the other party.
9. Records can be viewed and or printed at any time.
10. All communications are unalterable.
In this age of electronic wonders, it is no longer necessary for separated or divorced parents who are unable to communicate regarding their minor children to have battles of “he said or she said”. No longer do the courts have to decide whether communication evidence is accurate and whether it should be allowed. By using tools such as the Family Wizard Site or the Talking Parents Communication Website, both parents and courts can benefit from having what needs to be said between parties be to the point, non-aggressive, and be able to be printed and certified in its entirety.